Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Days 16 & 17

Day 16- Tuesday, March 31
Another Tuesday. I didn't do much, Tuesdays are slow. I cut strawberries, wrapped Red Velvet Cake, Carrot Cake, and the little bon bon/mini cakes we have. Then Rosa helped me with tying the ribbon/bow around the Berry Delight Cakes. I didn't do very well, I think she corrected every bow I made! Haha! Oh well, it was something to do, and she's nice and I like her. :)

Day 17- Wednesday, April 1st
Happy April Fool's Day, first of all! Thankfully, no one did any pranks at Sweet Dreams, I'm not sure if they really know about April Fool's. I much prefer to think of today as Ryan's (Swenson) birthday though. :) Today was pretty slow again.

I talked to Steve a lot today. He decided I'm a heart breaker, I told him about Josh asking me to Homecoming and then he was just teasing me about that and then Matthew. Well, what can I say? Things happen! I also helped him with the cakes a little, stacking them after they've cooled and getting pans to fill, then doing the dishes for him.

Amal made a really neat cake today! I forgot the name of it, but it was glazed in chocolate and then she put kiwi, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries in a decorative way. Chocolate molded flowers, leaves, and then chocolate tornadoes (they look like tornadoes), were also added. It was really beautiful and cute. "Cute, just like you!" Amal told me.

Amal let me help with Dynasty cakes again! :) I was so relieved! I scooped the mousse, stacked the layers, then put the chocolate bars around the edges. :)

I got to try a Dulce de Leche mini cake, and the Mango Sherbert, both were very good!!

Oh, I kind of watched Amal S. while she made the Deep Dish Apple Pie. She had big logs of the crust ready, then cut it into strips and pressed it along the pan. An apple peeler-corer-slicer was used to make the filling. Instead of a hand crank though, they used a screwdriver, it was pretty great. Gotta love innovation and smart thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment