April Ninth Two Thousand and Fifteen
Today I made some progress!
The morning started out a little slow, but then picked up a lot! I ended up not having lunch (I talked to Steve during lunch and then didn't end up having time later), and stayed until 4:40!
Things I did today:
+Wrapped Carrot Cake and Red Velvet Cake bite size
+Rum balls: Peanut, Coconut, (chocolate already made) I rolled the little black balls into water then into coconut for some and then chopped peanuts for some, then put them in their paper liners and into the freezer.
+Talked to Steven, he shared his whole grain & Cheddar crackers with me, I think it's a new tradition :P Oh, and of course he teased me about guys- accusing me of dating a high schooler and being a heart breaker and such! It was very amusing, we always have good and amusing conversations! He told me about how a girl was supposed to go with him to a Prynce concert in '84, and he went to her house, and her brother said she wasn't there. He said it would have been better to have just told him that she didn't want to go, he already bought tickets and we both agreed that that is just plain rude! Also, he told me more about how he met his wife and how they ended up together. They broke up for 3-4 years, but stayed in touch, and now they've been married for 25 years! So you just never know with relationships!
+Then I packaged Raspberry Delight bite size for a while
+Salmina interrupted me during that to have me cut brownies, then coat them in delicious chocolate and wrap them in their little liners. I was so happy she let me dip/enrobe/coat something! I was wondering if/when she would let me! So I was finishing the first of five trays, and she came over to see how I was doing... and then:
Salmina said I did a good job! Not just a good job, she said "perfect"! She said I do things "perfect" but I just need to work on my speed, but that will come with practice. I was so shocked and appreciative! I totally thought that she thought I was just doing a terrible job and couldn't get things right, and couldn't remember anything! So, that was certainly a pleasant shock!! She is getting to be more and more grandmotherly and less... stern and intimidating. She just likes to have things a specific way, and she knows just how she wants them. (Kind of like me sometimes!)
+I finished the brownies up, and then it was around 4:40, everyone on the non-decorating side of the bakery had left and I was tired & hungry, so I left too. Before I left, Chad (pronounced Chaddy) asked how I was doing, he really tries to make an effort to talk to me and make sure I feel comfortable- particularly when we have lunch at the same time. :) He's pretty cool and funny!
Anyhow, I got back and Chrissy was home again- she hasn't been feeling well. She ended up getting us Chinese, which was really yummy and we talked for a bit! :) It was nice!

No comments:
Post a Comment