-Filled and put the fruit on Fruit Flan and fruit on Bite Size Cheesecake; wrapped them
-packaged Cheesecake, Carrot cake, helped stack baked cakes
-Haha Salmina said "*uck you!" In Bosnian to the glove she was trying to put on and was not cooperating at all. It was so unexpected, we both just laughed, when she told me what she'd said.
-saw how Amal S. makes the bite size key lime/Raspberry/Chocolate base that Salmina puts whipped cream over. I've also seen how she (Amal) makes the bite size cakes- she uses the batter depositor to make "puffs" of the mousse base, then puts a sheet of the correct cake over it. Freezes that, then uses a rolling pin to separate the bites into perfect little circles. That doesn't really make sense, but it does to me...
-Amal (Fruit) thought it was so funny when I asked if she had any "kiwi". She was literally crouched on the ground laughing! She is too precious! Apparently, Arabic/Chaldeans say it much more firm, and almost angry-like. She told me I said it so cute and gentle, then she said how they say it. Sounded angry to me! Haha! So, I'm sure we will say "kiwi" to each other for a while now. We already said it to each other a few times and just laughed and smiled! Yeah, she's still my favorite! :)
-Steve + Mr. Probz: I introduced Steve to Mr. Probz, and we were blaring music in his area of the kitchen, it was pretty great! He really liked Mr. Probz, and said he would have to show his wife too! I was pretty happy to share good music :) He played this really good song that had a similar song to Mr. Probz's, apparently it was by Drake, but didn't sound like his usual songs, and had a female accompaniment.
-Towards the end of the day, Salmina had me make 20 emergency Fruit Flans- all by myself. I'm such a big girl! Lol!
-Basma came in (she works in the store front) and was telling about a wedding consultation she had earlier, and how the groom was saying that he definitely wanted to go with Sweet Dreams and was all into the consultation. All the while Basma is just going about the consultation like usual (I'm not really sure what that entails, cake testing, pricing, delivery, date, etc. I suppose), Then the bride nonchalantly indicated that Basma's shirt was open, right at chest level. Her boobs had been on prominent display the entire time. She was mortified and had no idea! So then she came back and told us what happened, and we were all laughing really hard!
-Ooh, Steve let me fold the meringue into the cake batter today!! :) I was like "oh yeah!" I didn't even ask, he asked while I was going to go do dishes for him. Oh, and the whole time he was explaining it, his wife was on the phone hearing it! She thought it was really funny!
It was a lovely way to end the weekend, and I'm very glad it is the weekend!! :) I'm ready to sleep in and relax. I think my (seasonal) allergies are starting to act up. :/
Tuesday/Wednesday:
-Dipped brownies
-wrapped bite size
-Salmina told me a little bit about her daughter today- I am actually just a few months older than her, which I was really surprised at! She has to do a year long internship to finish her medical something or other. I was like "Oh wow!" That has got to be rough, but she is staying with Salmina, so that helps a lot I'm sure! Salmina said she is going to have to work forever! Haha! Isn't everyone! :P
-Also, Salmina asked when I was done with my internship, then explained that Rolo and Rita (Sam's sisters) would be leaving about the same time. She said if I was interested, she could ask Sam about hiring me to help her during the summer/busy season. I told her that would be great! :) I just need to get my speed up- she mentioned that I was slow. I know that, forever the turtle! :/ I don't know what else I can do to un-turtle myself! It's hard to go against my nature. But I guess I have no choice...

No comments:
Post a Comment