Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Days 11 &12

Well, not too much has happened, there hasn't been much for me to do.

Tuesdays are slow, and I went home early- around 2 or 2:30, everyone just slowly started leaving so I had to too. But today wasn't all that great anyhow. Kathy thanked me for cleaning the microwaves but chided me for not drying them- it will ruin the fondant and chocolate. Which I guess I knew, but per usual didn't think about.

Then when I was working with Salmina, I almost burned chocolate from using a wet strainer to get the clumps and bad stuff out of the chocolate. Once again, I already knew moisture ruins chocolate-I'm not sure anyone told me it would burn it- but I didn't think about it.


Strawberries
Steven's birthday
Mascarpone cream- Mascarpone, whipped/cooked egg yolks, whipped cream
Tirimisu, "raining" coffee flavored syrup, holes in cap
Death by Chocolate sheet cakes

Wrapping white choco brownie, chocolate brownie,

Tried white chocolate gluten free brownie, opera cake,




Day 13
Cut strawberries (couldn't find the cutting board at first, that was a disaster!)
cleaned
Dynasty/Venetian combo with Amal (watched)
Wrapped White chocolate mousse bites & Tirimisu bites
Mixed Raspberry & Key Lime whipped cream- Salmina makes a stiff whipped cream!!

Helped Sam & Amal S with chocolate chiffon cakes- he let me fold in the meringue, it was really fun!! Plus he is always so nice about everything, I really like working under him! It does bother me that he says "perfect" though. I hate it when people say that. Nothing is perfect. Anyhow, he let me measure & whip the meringue, take out the required 3 bowl scrapers full, then blend in the rest of the meringue into the batter. Amal S then put the batter into the Alpha Batter (I think that's the name of it, Alpha something at least), and it came out and perfectly filled the sheet pans, which were then put into the awesome rack rotating oven. (Not the technical name.) After I washed the bowls, utensils, and work station it was 3:07 and everyone was pre-occupied. So, perfect timing to head home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment