Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Things are Good :)

This week went by pretty fast! It's hard to believe it's already Saturday again, and also it's May 2nd! Time goes by way too quickly, if ya ask me!

Anyway, I'll give you the low down of my Saturday:
I made 52 Chocolate Cannoli

Then I was off to work with Mona, just like she said we would two weeks ago or whatever it was. :) We spent a lot of time in the freezer at first, goodness it's cold in there!! I mean, obviously it is, and it needs to be, but brrrrrrr!! Talk about a cold shoulder! :P haha! Anyway, she iced the 6" Carrot Cakes, then I put the walnuts along the sides. After we finished that, we transferred 9" chocolate cakes- again from the icy freezer- and got them ready to be iced at a later time. We also de-panned, cut, stacked, and put in the freezer, 2 garbage cans full (don't worry, they're clean and only used for cakes/pans!) of 9" vanilla cakes. On Tuesday we'll transform them into White Alaska cakes! :)

We also worked with fondant for a little bit, she showed me how to knead it, color it, and roll it. I had done this 2-3 times at JWU, but was very welcome for the review!

Then we called it a day! :)

I went to Meijer later and this guy randomly started talking to me, He was asking me different things, and told me he was new to Detroit. He wanted me to go bowling or do this or that, show him around Detroit area or whatever. It was kind of weird, but refreshing to be able to talk to someone, and he was fun to talk to! But yeah, I'll stick with Robert over random late 30s guys at Meijer! :P Anyhow, that was my interesting tidbit for the night!

Wednesday, May 6th
Tuesday I worked with Mona, we made White Alaska and Double chocolate cakes, arranged and re-arranged things in the freezer, cleaned up and mopped the warehouse. Oh, and we made flowers out of ribbon for Amal's niece's wedding on Sunday. She really liked them and was pretty excited for the wedding. (I guess it's at her house, or a bridal shower is, or something like that...) Then I assembled thirty 9" Dynasty cakes, Chad helped me towards the end because it was getting later and we were one of the last ones to leave. I took care of Steve's cakes, stacked them up and put them in the freezer too.

Today I made the Fruit Flan, then packaged those and the cheesecake. Then I assembled thirty 6" Dynasty cakes. After I finished those, I frosted the 9" Dynasty from yesterday, then frosted the 6" cakes. That took most of the day. I also put away Steve's cakes for him, and whipped some chocolate buttercream for the Death by Chocolate Cakes Amal was working on. I am truly going to miss Amal a lot, today she was saying how much she loved me and she even cleaned up where I had made a mess of my frosting area! She said she never does that, and I don't blame her! She is always so sweet to me, she made two batches of whipped cream for me too! It is so very upsetting though, I know she is unhappy, she says it at least once a week. Today she told me about one of the girls that worked in the store front at Orchard Lake, 3 or 4 months ago. She was 21 or so, smart, pretty, and well liked from what Amal said. I guess one day she didn't show up to work, and that was very unusual, since she was usually punctual. Later, they found out that she had committed suicide. She laid on Interstate 696 (busy highway) around 8 am and was run over. Probably again and again. I just cannot imagine what makes someone want to do that. Amal said she had thought about it though, that there is just no point/pleasure in her life. She just has to work to survive and doesn't want to work. I think people just get hopeless and stuck in a rut, and become unhappy. Or maybe they just need a little Jesus in their life! Things have never really been "easy" for me, but I have been able to make the best of nearly everything, and learn to be content no matter what happens.
Anyway, I guess Detroit (metro Detroit) is just depressing! Who knows. But internship was good, even though I was pretty out of it and think my allergies are acting up. Or I'm getting sick. :/  

No comments:

Post a Comment