Well, as of today, I have one more week at Sweet Dreams bakery. I can't believe its already been almost 3 months! I am going to miss everyone so much!! :( Especially Amal Fruit!!
Today I had a first! :) I got to dip the Sweet Dreams Special, the Chocolate Cascade, and the Double Chocolate bite size for Salmina. I dipped so many of the Sweet Dreams! It was at least 7 sheet trays, each tray has to have between 50-117. 117 fit on the tray when they are paper lined and ready for garnish. I think there must only be around 50-80 when they are first being dipped though. Anyway, I did 7 trays or so of the Sweet Dreams, then 3 of the Double Chocolate, and 2 of the Chocolate Cascade. The Sweet Dreams is a chocolate cake base, raspberry mousse filling, and dark chocolate dipped. Double Chocolate is chocolate cake and chocolate mousse, then dark chocolate dipped. The Chocolate Cascade is a white cake base, chocolate mousse, and covered in dark chocolate
My very last Tuesday at Sweet Dreams Bakery~ May 19th:
I dipped more of the Sweet Dreams Special, and the Double Chocolate. I did 5 trays of each, and Salmina said today that there are 100 bite size on each tray. So that means (with a little simple math), that I dipped 1,000 bite size. I have 500 to dip of the Chocolate Cascade and also Amal Fruit asked me to make twenty 9" and twenty 6" Dynasty. I worked with Mona after I finished dipping with Salmina though- so I didn't get to finish (or start) either. I helped Mona re-arrange in the freezer- that is always on the agenda when I work with her- we assembled Carrot Cake and put them away for later. Then we cleaned and I mopped. Before we went home, she gave me a Snicker's Ice Cream Bar, and we sat down and relaxed. Those are really delicious by the way!
Oh, also of note, Chad, Saad, and later Fabiola and Erika were in the warehouse area, way up near the ceiling putting boxes up there for storage. There were SO many boxes just lying against the wall uselessly, so now they will be collecting dust up there instead. It should free up a lot of space. It was very unusual to look over and see them walking around, almost like they were floating. But they were having fun with it! Like everyone at Sweet Dreams does with their jobs! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment