It has been a long time since I've written anything, so I think it's time to change that! It's not that I haven't had anything to write about, all kinds of things have been going on! I simply get distracted or forget the significance of writing and journaling.
I will start with a basic overview of some of the bigger things that have happened lately, starting with today.
I didn't have any plans for today, but then Hope asked if I wanted to go to the JWU hockey game. I agreed, and I'm so glad that I did!! It was incredible, intense, and hockey players truly have talent!! It was definitely worth it sitting in the super cold to watch the game, I would really like to go to the next game! It is amazing the things you find out that you like or admire when you go out and do something different!
Yesterday (Friday the 10th) I had an appointment with Michael and set up my schedule for the spring trimester! That was definitely exciting, but overwhelming too! I was scheduled for not only PM labs, but also 2 academic classes, both starting at 9:20 am. I am concerned that I have taken on too much at once, especially once work study is thrown in there. Anyhow, Michael said after the spring trimester I will only have one more academic class, then for my Sophomore year I will have my internship, then my Sophomore labs, then I can start my Junior labs! That was pretty crazy I thought!! I am grateful for that though, I think it will be a good thing for me! :) I have to figure out what and when I'm doing my internship, then I have to decide exactly what I want for my Bachelor's degree. It always seemed like I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and that I had a good plan for the future, but now I know there are so many more options and decisions to make! Possibilities and new opportunities are certainly good though!!
Oh, yes! After my registration appointment Hope and I went over to the CCCE building to help Mark and the ACFCC with the Certification exams. It was really neat to just be able to observe the chefs and see what they were able to make and do! There were both Culinary and Pastry exams going on, and we were able to watch them make the products, watch the food get photographed, and see/hear the results of the Certification. After all the to-do was over Hope, Mark, a few other people and I cleaned up the labs that were used, I was glad to actually do something useful instead of just watching and being in the way. That was a really great, interesting and unique experience though!!
Thursday nights at JWU mean UIB (University Involvement Board) hosted movie nights! Hope and I went, we watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" which was playing. That was a really good movie, especially for a college full of foodies like us!!
The rest of my week has mostly consisted of class, work, eating, and then hanging out with friends or doing whatever I find to do.
On Saturday, January 4th at midnight I got back to JWU after enjoying Christmas break. It was so, so nice being home for Christmas! There are so many things I missed, especially my family and friends!! I was able to see all of my family, and friends, I had some great food, enjoyed the Christmas spirit and of course Christmas itself!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment