Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 16, 2011

An Interesting Story

Well, do I have an interesting story for y'all today!! Hmm... Where to start! I guess I will start with today and work my way back.
So I was in my Culinary Arts Voc today...
We went into the kitchen to wash our hands, put on an apron and hair net, and watch a demonstration...
This guy, Josh, hangs out with these 2 other second year students, and one of them calls me over and says that Josh has something to ask me in private; they quickly walk away. Josh looks in their quickly retreating direction and says something like, "No I don't." or "No I'm alright."
He looks back at me. "Well- I was wondering if you wanted to go to Homecoming with me."
Me, shocked, embarrassed, and feeling really awkward, "Um, I was just going to go alone."
Josh said something like, "Oh."
Before I could say much else the instructor called us to attention and we started the demonstration.
I tried to concentrate the rest of the class. I was reminded that business and pleasure don't mix and thought how awful it could be the rest of the year. TGIF though!

I was super shocked but at the same time kind of knew it was coming. Just yesterday, for example, I read on Yahoo! a story about how to gracefully turn a guy down. I emailed it to myself and put in the comment box "Just say no to Josh." I was joking, and didn't really think I would have to...
I had this feeling he liked me though. In Culinary a few days ago we learned knife skills and Josh "hovered over" me and Shelby, not paying much attention to anyone else.
He was in my Algebra 2 class last year and I just got this feeling he liked me, but then dismissed it.
One day I was walking home and saw him drive by, he was staring at me.        

Yep, so that was interesting!!

Also today...
Our intern teacher said, "...Our program is all about sex." We all looked around with questioning glances, thinking what? He really said our program is all about cents, as in saving money!! Haha, that makes sense.
Oh, yeah, also the intern guy asked if I could get him several onions. I confirmed that they were in the fridge behind me, went in, grabbed two and tried to open the door. Our instructor already said that the door closes, and that you won't get trapped, so don't panic. I remembered all this, and I tried to open the door, I had no idea how to though. There was no doorknob or instructions on how to open the door. It sounds simple but it wasn't. There is a knob and a description that says not to worry you're not trapped. After a little while of me struggling the instructor let me out and made an example of me.
"Don't freak out like Valerie if you get locked out-"
Embarrassed, I mumbled "I wasn't freaking out..."
"I know, I'm just using you as an example. You just need to push the door open."

Lastly, part of our demonstration today was saute-ing. After he was almost done he told everyone to make a single file line and try it. When it was my turn I picked up the pan and tried it. The pan was surprisingly heavy. My attempt wasn't very good. I was walking away, and he made me try it again. That was also embarrassing....

Ooh, yeah, one more thing!!
Today, I went to 2nd Avenue Thrift Store downtown. I had seen that they need volunteers so I went to see if they still did. Turns out they do!! :) I am going to start volunteering the 21st, from 4-6:30!! I'm super excited!!! Hopefully it will be as good as Lean on Me!!

2 comments:

  1. Val, it's SO crazy to me that boys are chasing you all over the place, you're evading them with saute pans and un-locking fridges and finding cool places to volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, boy chasing Val! You are pretty irristible! I remember those awkward days, whew! It sounds like Voc is full of learning opportunities. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete