Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bible Verses

I started writing down verses that I thought applied to my life, or that I really liked. Then, I decided to share them. So here are some...

1 Timothy 2:9-10
"I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God."

2 Chronicles 1:11-12
"God said to Soloman, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches, or honor, nor for the death of you enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you..."

2 Corinthians 5:15, 17, 21
"And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again."
17, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come."
21, "God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

Ephesians 4:2, 4-6, 22
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
4, "There is one body and one Spirit- just as you were called to one hope when you were called- one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. "
22, "You were taught with regard to former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your mind; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. 29, "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 31, "Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Matthew 25: 40
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment